Idaho Auto Insurance
The state of the “Famous Potatoes” runs from Canada to Nevada and contains dozens of mountain ranges, rivers and farmland, complimented with green hillsides and pristine lakes. Wherever you choose to explore, some driving is likely to be involved. To stay protected on your adventures, the state of Idaho requires you to have minimum coverage for auto insurance.
You can get a quick and free quote from the AIS Instant Quote® form. AIS Auto Insurance Specialists can help you figure out what coverages you need within your budget. You can submit your information for a quick quote or call our Insurance Specialists to learn more.
Required Idaho Auto Insurance
Idaho requires all drivers to have Auto Insurance with Liability and Uninsured Motorist coverage. Having this minimum will help relieve financial burden that comes with accidents that can happen. The minimum car insurance requirement will also allow you to drive legally on the roads of Idaho.
Even if your car is not currently registered, the state still requires you to have the minimum liability insurance. You are subject to fines or even jail time if you drive without insurance.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Idaho
Your Auto Insurance must have liability coverage with these minimum amounts:
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person; $50,000 for 2 people or more in an accident
- PD or Property Damage: $15,000 per accident
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Although Idaho is one of the states with the lowest percentage of uninsured motorists, there are still a relevant number on the road without insurance or not enough. The minimum amounts required for this coverage are:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: $25,000 per person; $50,000 for 2 or more people in an accident
- Property Damage: Not required
NOTE: You can opt out of uninsured motorist coverage; however, you must do so in writing with your insurance agent.
Optional Coverage in Idaho to Consider
However, these minimum requirements may not be enough; you have the option to purchase additional coverage on top of the minimum that is required. Having these additional coverages will ensure that you have some coverage for other costs related to your vehicle.
- Comprehensive - This coverage pays for damages to your auto caused by covered incidents that are not related to collision. Covered causes may include: fire, vandalism, water, hail, wind and falling objects.
- Collision - If your car collides with another car or object, this helps pay for the related damages to your auto
- Medical Payments - This coverage reimburses you for your or your passenger’s medical bills or funeral expenses that resulted in the car accident.
- Custom Equipment - This covers the equipment added to your car that is not standard to the car at the time of manufacture.
- Rental Reimbursement - This coverage will give you reimbursement for the cost of renting a car if your car is out of use for more than 24 hours and if it is caused by a covered collision or comprehensive loss.
- Towing - With this coverage, you will get reimbursed for towing costs of your car.
Most Stolen Car Models in Idaho
Cars models that are more likely to encounter theft will usually have a higher auto insurance premium. According to www.nicb.org, these are the top car models that were stolen in Idaho for 2013.
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Honda Civic
- Honda Accord
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Pickup (Small Size)
- Ford Taurus
- Ford Explorer
- Toyota Camry
- Pontiac Grand Am
Idaho Auto Insurance Discounts
Taking advantage of some of these discounts that you may qualify for can help lower your Auto Insurance Premium. The best way to get low insurance rates is to have a good driving record that shows the Insurer that you are a good driver with low accident-risk.
- Business or professional group
- Good Student
- Alternative Fuel
- Anti-theft device
- Transfer (Switching providers)
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
Millions of people choose to live in Idaho because of the relaxing atmosphere, the natural scenery, and the adrenaline-filled white water adventures. However, trying to find the right Idaho auto insurance coverage can sometimes be difficult, especially for those who aren’t familiar with the confusing Insurance industry jargon. That's why the helpful, experienced professionals at AIS Auto Insurance Specialists can be an instrumental asset to Idahoan drivers. For more information and a free quote on an Idaho auto insurance policy, call AIS today!
Start an Idaho Insurance Quote Today: (888) 772-4247