Newsletter Giveaway Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The AIS Newsletter Giveaway is open to active AIS customers who have opt-in to receive emails from AIS. Employees, officers, and directors, including immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household are not eligible to participate.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: Newsletters are sent monthly and may or may not contain a giveaway. If a giveaway is announced in the AIS Newsletter, eligible participants will have 14 days to complete the required action.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible individuals desiring to submit an entry to the AIS Newsletter Giveaway may enter by completing a successful survey submission online. No other method of entry will be accepted.
a. ONLINE ENTRY METHOD: Complete the required survey questionnaire. No purchase is required.
i. All entries must contain valid contact information (first name, last name, and email address) to be eligible to participate in the prize drawing.
ii. Multiple entries from the same person, and/or email address will be disqualified.
iii. Limit of one (1) entry per person and/or email address per giveaway. Any attempt to enter more than once may result in disqualification.
ENTRY LIMITATIONS: Maximum of one entry per person and/or email address per giveaway. Multiple entries from the same person and/or email address will be disqualified.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION: Exact number of winners will be announced in the AIS newsletter. The potential winner will be selected via a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. Potential winners will be chosen on or about 21 days after the AIS Newsletter has been sent and will be contacted to verify contact information before sending the prize. The decision of the selection of winner(s) is final and binding on all matters relating to this giveaway.
6. PRIZE: Exact prize will be announced in the AIS Newsletter.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: The winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes).
8. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received per giveaway.
9. NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by telephone and/or email by the sponsor. In the event that any potential winner does not respond to any such prize notification and/or correspondence within 2 weeks of the notification date, a disqualification will result. The prize will be forfeited and at the sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries received.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner(s) grant the sponsor and promotion parties permission to use their names, in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Promotion parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, incomplete, postage-due or garbled entries, email or mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless network, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable or wireless transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; wireless service congestion; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, wireless towers or cellular tower equipment; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in wireless or other transmission, processing, or communication; non-delivery; misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these official rules, in any giveaway-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, wireless service, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the giveaway, the processing of entries, the announcement of prizes or in any giveaway-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any show, event or exhibition. Promotion parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the giveaway. Promotion parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants, participants', or to any other person's computer and/or wireless device related to or resulting from participating in this giveaway or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the giveaway or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or any representative of the sponsor and/or, or who are in violation of these official rules, as solely determined by the sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this giveaway is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, and/or their respective agents. The sponsor shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these official rules or any applicable laws relating to the giveaway, and to resolve all disputes at its sole discretion. sponsor (i) makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize (or any portion thereof), and (ii) disclaims any implied warranty. The sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the giveaway (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the giveaway (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, the sponsor may elect to identify winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received to the time of such cancellation and all eligible mail-in entries received or otherwise in a manner determined by sponsor to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these official rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND THE SPONSOR, AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY ENTRANT, PERSON, OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Entries generated by a script, macro, or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these official rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by AIS Management, LLC., and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the giveaway from user's participation in, or attempt to participate in, the giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the winner or these official rules. Neither sponsor nor its agents are responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered entries or e-mail; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. By participating in the giveaway, entrant releases sponsor, the promotion parties and Facebook, Inc. (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the giveaway. By accepting a prize, the recipient agrees to release and hold the Released Parties, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents, harmless from and against any liability for injuries, including death, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the giveaway; and from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize.
13. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
AIS Insurance Newsletter Giveaway
c/o Auto Insurance Specialists
P.O. Box 10160
Santa Ana, CA 92711-0160
14. DISPUTES: To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of entering this giveaway, each entrant agrees that (A) any and all disputes, claims, controversies or causes of action arising out of or relating to this giveaway, or any prizes awarded (each, a "Claim"), shall be (1) arbitrated on an individual basis only, and shall not be consolidated or joined with or in any arbitration or other proceeding involving a claim of any other party, and (2) settled by binding arbitration in Los Angeles County, California before a single arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its then governing rules and procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (B) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. These official rules shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A, applicable to contracts entered into and performed exclusively in that State.
15. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: By participating in the giveaway and submitting an entry, you agree to (i) be bound by these official rules, including all quote and entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the sponsor and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the giveaway, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the giveaway.