AIS Update on COVID-19: To all auto insurance customers, insurance companies may be issuing premium reductions and relief. We've provided a list of insurance companies and additional information. Learn more.
The Grand Canyon State
Compare Arizona Auto Insurance Quotes From Multiple Companies
Arizona Auto Insurance
Arizona is a stunning, warm-weather locale, with miles and miles of Grand Canyon to enjoy. But there are also weather and road-related concerns that require insurance protection. In addition to car accidents, vandalism and other unforeseen issues, Arizonans need to protect themselves and their property from catastrophic events. These include thunderstorms, flash floods, dust storms and wildfires.
Auto Insurance rates in Arizona can vary more than you might think from one insurance company to another. That’s where Auto Insurance Specialists can help. We are happy to share our insurance network and knowledge with you, so you can get the coverage you need at a price you’re comfortable paying.
Use the simple form below for an AIS Instant Quote®. This quote will provide a range of our Auto Insurance partners' rates for the coverage you select and allow you to choose from our top-rated affordable carriers.
Required Auto Insurance in Arizona
Auto Insurance requirements in Arizona include Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability coverage. When you buy a policy with Liability Insurance, the other driver, passengers and property involved in an accident that you might have caused will be financially covered (up to policy limits). Remember, Liability Insurance won’t pay for your personal damages or injuries in an accident in which you’re at fault.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Arizona
- BI or Bodily Injury: $15,000 per person, $30,000 total per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $10,000 per accident
To learn more about specific Auto Insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in Arizona
The state-mandated minimums for Arizona drivers could help save you some money in the event of an accident, but there are many other factors that must be considered. If you don’t consider all of the likely possibilities, you could end up paying a lot more than you should for an accident, injuries or other damages.
Below are some examples you may want to consider:
- Collision Coverage*: If you are found to be at fault for an accident, you will be held responsible for paying the damages and injuries to the other car and people involved. But, odds are, your own car suffered damages that will also need to be repaired. Collision coverage helps pay for those damages, up to your policy’s limits. Considering that the national average repair costs are almost $3,000, adding Collision coverage to your policy could save you a significant amount of money.
- Comprehensive Coverage*: Car damage can come in many forms, and natural disasters can make for some costly repairs. Consider flooding, storms, fires, and more… comprehensive coverage would protect you from paying for these issues fully out of pocket.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Even though the law requires Arizona drivers to purchase Liability Insurance, there are still those who break the law and drive uninsured or underinsured. If you are hit by one of these drivers, you may have to pay for your own property damages and injuries, even if the accident wasn’t your fault.
- Higher Bodily Injury Limits: Injuries, or at the very least doctor visits, usually go hand in hand with car accidents. But if an accident is severe, chances are the injuries sustained are severe, too. The $15,000 minimum on standard Liability Insurance may not be enough to cover ambulance rides, doctor visits and medical treatment. Consider a limit higher than the state-mandated minimum, and your savings could be higher.
- Higher Property Damage Limits: The $10,000 Property Damage minimum on standard Liability Insurance may not stretch as far as you think. Keep in mind that repairs following an accident aren’t always limited to vehicles. In addition to the costs of car repairs, you may need to pay for repairs to light poles, fences, buildings or other property damage. That minimum could be used up fairly quickly, and you may end up in a situation in which you’ll have to pay the remainder.
*Although Collision coverage and Comprehensive coverage are not required by law, they may be required in your car loan or lease contract with the lender.
These higher limits and additional types of coverage are not required by the state of Arizona, but we at AIS highly recommend that you consider adding them to your policy. A great way to determine your Auto Insurance needs is to call one of our licensed Auto Insurance agents.
Most Stolen Car Models in Arizona
At AIS we know that the best way to keep your Car Insurance rates low is to drive safely and avoid accidents. But there are other factors that determine rates. One of these is your car’s make and model. If your car is a popular target for theft, your Auto Insurance rates may go up.
According to www.nicb.org, these are the top 10 cars that were stolen in Arizona in 2017:
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Honda Civic
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Honda Accord
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- Nissan Altima
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Corolla
- Nissan Sentra
Licensed Drivers in Arizona
Arizona Auto Insurance Discounts
Auto Insurance is important in protecting yourself, your family and your livelihood. Still, there’s no reason you should be overpaying on your policy. There are many different types of Car Insurance discounts available, all of which could save you money if you qualify.
Examples of these discounts include:
- Safe Driver
- Good Student
- Accident Free
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
For warm weather and natural wonders, Arizona is the place to be. But be aware of your surroundings, be prepared for the unexpected and protect yourself with a great Auto Insurance policy. Rely on us to be your source for all things Auto Insurance. Give us a call to answer your questions, provide comparison rates or help you choose your best Auto Insurance options.