AIS Update on COVID-19: To all auto insurance customers, insurance companies may be issuing premium reductions and relief. We've provided a list of insurance companies and additional information. Learn more.
The Natural State
Compare Arkansas Auto Insurance Quotes From Multiple Companies
Arkansas Auto Insurance
The beauty of Arkansas is what draws many visitors to the state, and it is no wonder that Arkansas is known as the Natural State. However, the roads are often curved, under construction and open to obstacles in the road, including animals. A joyful, scenic drive can turn dangerous in an instant. That’s why Auto Insurance in Arkansas is required by law.
Auto Insurance in Arkansas is different from carrier to carrier, but don’t worry. AIS is here to help you compare and choose the best policy for you. Our AIS Instant Quote® form is quick and free. Submit your information or talk to an Insurance Specialist to understand your state’s Auto Insurance requirements.
Required Auto Insurance in Arkansas
Owning a car in Arkansas comes with the requirement of having Car Insurance coverage. The state wants you to be financially protected if you get into an accident and become responsible for a third party’s property damage or bodily injuries.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Arkansas
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person, $50,000 total per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
To learn more about specific Auto Insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in Arkansas
Most drivers will find that the minimum requirements of Arkansas Auto Insurance aren’t enough to give them peace of mind on the road. Additional coverage may be more affordable than you think, and you’ll have to worry less about paying out of pocket for any damages incurred in an accident.
If you want to have more financial protection in the case of an accident, these are some of the coverages that you can opt to add to your policy:
- Collision Coverage*: If your car is dented, smashed up or put out of service, Liability coverage won't pay to get your vehicle fixed. Collision coverage will, if you add it to your policy. Since the average auto shop bill tends to be around $3,000, these expenses could take a big bite out of your budget if you aren't properly insured.
- Comprehensive Coverage*: This coverage helps pay for all other damages that are not caused by an accident, such as fallen trees, fire, flood or vandalism.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Although the state requires its drivers to have Auto Insurance, there will be people who drive without any or simply not enough. This type of coverage protects you against these drivers that can’t pay for your accident-related costs if the accident is their fault.
*Although Collision coverage and Comprehensive coverage are not required by law, they may be required in your car loan or lease contract with the lender.
You are under no obligation to purchase any of these optional Auto Insurance policies. But if you think that they may be right for you, feel free to call us at Auto Insurance Specialists to see about getting additional coverage.
Most Stolen Car Models in Arkansas
Car Insurance rates are calculated by a variety of factors, one being if your car model is more susceptible to theft. Below are the top 10 car models that are stolen in Arkansas, according to www.nicb.org:
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Honda Accord
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Picket (Small Size)
- Chevrolet Impala
- Honda Civic
- Toyota Camry
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
Arkansas Auto Insurance Discounts
The best way to save on your Auto Insurance is by having a clean driving record. If you’re looking for other discounts, consider these and ask our AIS Insurance Specialist if you qualify:
- Good Driving Record
- Good Student
- Multiple Car
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
Millions of people choose to live in Arkansas because of the natural scenery and the simple way of life. However, trying to find the right Auto Insurance coverage can be the opposite of simple, especially for people who don’t have the time to do all of the tedious research themselves. That's why the helpful, experienced professionals at AIS can be an instrumental asset to Arkansas drivers. For information and a free quote on an Arkansas Auto Insurance policy, call AIS today!