Mississippi Auto Insurance
The simple, southern lifestyle in Mississippi is what draws many people to establish their household here. Raising a family comes with a lot of responsibilities, one of which is being financially protected. One way of doing this is making sure that you have the right auto insurance so that if/when an accident happens, it doesn’t upend your family’s life with unnecessary financial burden.
At AIS, we help you ensure this protection is in place so that you can drive with peace of mind. Let us help you understand the requirements of Mississippi auto insurance!
Required Mississippi Auto Insurance
Mississippi Auto Insurance requires you to have the minimum coverage of bodily injury and property damage liability. This helps pay for an injuries or property damage to a third party in an accident that you were at-fault for.
Driving without the minimum MS auto insurance will get you a $1,000 fine and a suspension of your driver’s license for 1 year. You may also be required to file an SR22 by your auto insurance company as a certification filed by your auto insurance company showing that you will maintain the minimum liability insurance for a predetermined amount of time.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Mississippi
Your Mississippi Auto Insurance must have liability coverage with these minimum amounts:
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person; $50,000 for injuries to multiple people in an accident
- PD or Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
Optional Coverage in Mississippi to Consider
- Collision Coverage - This will pay for the damages to your car that was caused by hitting another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage - Comprehensive coverage will pay for the damages to your car as a result of causes that are not accident-related.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage - If you get into an accident with a driver that is not insured or does not have enough coverage, this will pay for your expenses related to that accident.
- Medical Payment Coverage - This helps you pay for medical expenses that resulted from a car accident.
- Loan/Lease Gap Coverage - This loan/lease gap will pay for the balance of your loan/lease in the event that your car was stolen or considered a total loss in an accident.
- Roadside Assistance/ Towing Coverage - This coverage will reimburse you for roadside assistance or towing expenses that your car may require, up to a specified amount in your policy.
Most Stolen Car Models in Mississippi
If your car is deemed as highly targeted car for theft, you might see higher auto insurance premiums. According to www.nicb.org, these are the top 10 car models that were most stolen in Mississippi in 2013:
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Impala
- Nissan Altima
- Honda Accord
- Dodge Pickup
- GMC Pickup
- Ford Explorer
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Toyota Camry
Mississippi Auto Insurance Discounts
To save money on your auto insurance in Mississippi, here are a few of the discounts that you should be asking your AIS insurance specialist about:
- Good Driver
- Defensive Driving (for drivers 55 years old and older)
- Good Student
- Safe Vehicle
- Multiple Policies
- Multi-car policy
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
People choose to live in Mississippi because of simplicity of life and views of nature from their front porch. There are many historic places to explore all over the state, but all tend to involve some amount of driving. Keeping you and your family protected financially and legally with the required auto insurance will keep your trips enjoyable. For those that don’t want to spend hours searching for low rates and best coverage amongst hundreds of carriers, AIS can help. We do the searching for you, finding the best rates and coverage from our 30+ high-quality partners. The eager-to-help professionals at AIS Auto Insurance Specialists can be an excellent asset to Mississippi drivers. For information and a free quote on a Mississippi auto insurance policy, call us at AIS today!
Start a Mississippi Insurance Quote Today: (888) 772-4247