AIS Update on COVID-19: To all auto insurance customers, insurance companies may be issuing premium reductions and relief. We've provided a list of insurance companies and additional information. Learn more.
The Magnolia State
Compare Mississippi Auto Insurance Quotes From Multiple Companies
Mississippi Auto Insurance
The simple, southern lifestyle in Mississippi is what draws many people to settle down in the Magnolia State. Raising a family comes with a lot of responsibilities, one of which is being financially protected and prepared. One way of doing this is making sure that you have the right Auto Insurance so that if/when an accident happens, it doesn’t upend your family’s life with unnecessary financial burden.
At AIS, we help you ensure this protection is in place so that you can drive with peace of mind. We can help you understand the requirements of Mississippi Auto Insurance. Try our simple form for an AIS Instant Quote®. This quote will be a range of our Auto Insurance partners' rates for the coverage you select. You can pick the price you like, too.
Required Auto Insurance in Mississippi
Mississippi Auto Insurance requires you to have the minimum coverage of Bodily Injury and Property Damage under Liability Insurance. This helps pay for an injuries or property damage to a third party in an accident that you were at-fault for. Driving without the minimum state Auto Insurance will result in a $1,000 fine and a suspension of your driver’s license for one year. You may also be required to file an SR-22 by your Auto Insurance company showing that you will maintain the minimum Liability Insurance for a predetermined amount of time.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Mississippi
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person; $50,000 per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
To learn more about specific Auto Insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in Mississippi
There's no law in Mississippi that states that you have to settle for minimum Auto Insurance coverage. Should you choose to do so, you can purchase one or more optional insurance policies that cover a broader range of expenses and situations.
Below are some examples you may want to consider:
- Collision Coverage*: This will pay for the damages to your car that was caused by hitting another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage*: Comprehensive coverage will pay for the damages to your car as a result of causes that are not collision-related.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: If you get into an accident with a driver that is not insured or does not have enough coverage, this will pay for your expenses related to that accident.
- Medical Payments: This helps you pay for medical expenses that resulted from a car accident.
- Loan/Lease Gap Coverage: This will pay for the balance of your loan/lease in the event that your car was stolen or considered a total loss in an accident.
- Roadside Assistance/Towing: This coverage will reimburse you for roadside assistance or towing expenses that your car may require, up to a specified amount on your policy.
*Although Collision coverage and Comprehensive coverage are not required by law, they may be required in your car loan or lease contract with the lender.
You are under no obligation to purchase any of these optional Auto Insurance policies, but they can provide you with a better peace of mind while you're on the road. If you're considering adding any of these optional coverages, contact a knowledgeable AIS agent today for assistance.
Most Stolen Car Models in Mississipi
If your car is deemed as highly targeted car for theft, you might see higher Auto Insurance premiums. According to www.nicb.org, these are the top 10 car models that were most stolen in Mississippi in 2017:
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Nissan Altima
- Honda Accord
- Toyota Camry
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Impala
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Toyota Corolla
Mississippi Auto Insurance Discounts
To save money on your Auto Insurance in Mississippi, here are a few of the discounts that you may qualify for:
- Good Driver
- Defensive Driving (for drivers 55 years and older)
- Good Student
- Safe Vehicle
- Multiple Policies
- Multi-Car policy
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
People choose to live in Mississippi because of simplicity of life and views of nature from their front porch. There are many historic places to explore all over the state, but you’ll most likely have to drive to get from destination to destination. Keeping you and your family protected financially and legally with the required Auto Insurance will keep your trips enjoyable. For those that don’t want to spend hours searching for low rates and the best coverage amongst hundreds of carriers, AIS can help. We do the searching for you, finding the best rates and coverage from our 30+ high-quality partners. Our eager-to-help professionals at Auto Insurance Specialists can be an excellent asset to Mississippi drivers. For further information and a free quote on a Mississippi Auto Insurance policy, call AIS today!