Ohio Auto Insurance
Ohio is known as a swing state – in both its political views and weather extremes.
And those weather extremes have been known to cause some serious vehicle damage. Preparing for the unexpected is important if you want to protect yourself from automobile issues (weather or collision related) that could be financially burdensome.
Auto insurance rates in Ohio can vary more than you might think from one insurance company to another. That’s where Auto Insurance Specialists can help!
Try our simple form for an AIS Instant Quote®. This quote will be a range of our auto insurance partners’ rates for the coverage you select, and you can pick the price you like.
Required Auto Insurance Coverage in Ohio
For your own safety, and for the safety of those around you, Ohio drivers must have auto insurance. You are required to purchase liability insurance, which would pay for damages and injuries that you may be held responsible for following an accident. The state mandates a minimum coverage that you must have, though you could choose to carry more.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Ohio:
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 total per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
To learn more about specific auto insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in Ohio to Consider
At this point in time, the minimum auto insurance requirements are just that – very minimal. Even after the minimums increase, it still may be wise for you to consider higher limits and additional coverage as these decisions could save you a significant amount of money in the event of the unexpected.
Below are some examples you may want to consider:
- Higher Bodily Injury Limits - If there are serious injuries following an accident that you may have been at fault for, medical bills can rack up quickly. That minimum coverage may not be enough, and you could be held personally responsible for what insurance won’t pay for.
- Higher Property Damage Limits - Property damage isn’t always limited to other vehicles. Road signs, fences, light poles, and other property may be damaged in an accident. And that minimum PD coverage may not stretch as far as you once thought.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage - There are strict penalties for those driving without insurance in Ohio… Still there are those who would violate these laws, and put you and your personal property at risk. It is for this reason that you should take responsibility into your own hands, and avoid losses that you could incur as a result of another’s inconsideration.
- Collision Coverage - If you are found to be at fault for an accident, the state minimums would help cover damages to the other people and their property… but your own car wouldn’t be covered. Considering that the national average repair costs are $2,935, it may benefit you to add collision coverage to your policy. $3,000 would be a hefty amount to hand over for those necessary car repairs.
- Comprehensive Coverage - Damage to your car could stem from any number of circumstances – not just a collision. Winter storms, hail, floods, and other weather-related issues could cause some serious problems for your car. Comprehensive coverage would cover your car, less your deductible, for non-collision damages.
Your auto insurance should be tailored to your specific situation, and you should feel confident in the policy you’ve chosen. Should you need help choosing a policy that fits your lifestyle, consult Auto Insurance Specialists.
Ohio Auto Insurance Discounts
Car insurance discounts can vary from person-to-person and state-to-state. That’s why it’s important to find out what discounts you may qualify for, and take advantage of as many as possible.
Some of the discounts you could qualify for include:
- Good Student
- Good Driver
- Accident free
- Anti-Theft Device
- And more…
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
There is always a potential for those in Ohio to experience a disaster that could be detrimental to their cars – and livelihood. That’s why protection through car insurance is vitally important. We would like to be your source for all things auto insurance. Call us today to see how we can help with your Ohio auto insurance needs!
Start an Ohio Insurance Quote Today: (888) 772-4247