AIS Update on COVID-19: To all auto insurance customers, insurance companies may be issuing premium reductions and relief. We've provided a list of insurance companies and additional information. Learn more.
The Ocean State
Compare Rhode Island Auto Insurance Quotes From Multiple Companies
Rhode Island Auto Insurance
Although Rhode Island may be small, it has some great cities for cool events, seafood and nightlife. You’ll definitely have hundreds of miles on your car exploring all the places that Rhode Island and its nearby states have to offer. Of course, with all that driving, you’ll need to make sure that you have the right Car Insurance to protect you, your family and your finances.
AIS can help you get the required Auto Insurance needed to drive in Rhode Island for a great price, as well as any additional coverages you may want based on your situation. Try our simple form for an AIS Instant Quote®. This quote will be a range of our Auto Insurance partners' rates for the coverage you select, and then you get to choose from our top-rated affordable carriers.
Required Auto Insurance in Rhode Island
Rhode Island requires that all drivers have a minimum of Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverage under their Liability Insurance policy. The state also requires you to have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage when you purchase BI with limits higher than the minimums. Driving without the minimum Auto Insurance coverage will result in a fine of $500 to $5,000. With repeated offenses, your vehicle registration and license plate will be revoked. It’s easier, safer and more affordable to call an AIS agent today and get the proper Auto Insurance policy squared away so you can drive with peace of mind on the road.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Rhode Island
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
To learn more about specific Auto Insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in Rhode Island
In addition to the state’s requirements, you should also consider adding optional coverages to your Auto Insurance policy. These optional coverages can offer you significant financial protection that minimum requirements won’t.
- Collision Coverage*: Let's say you slide off the road due to weather conditions. Or perhaps your car gets damaged in a parking lot accident where it's impossible to assign blame. Liability Insurance won't pay to have your vehicle fixed, but Collision coverage will. After you pay your deductible, the rest of your repair costs (up to the policy limits) will be taken care of. *If you are financing or leasing your car, your lender requires you to purchase Collision coverage.
- Comprehensive Coverage*: This type of coverage addresses all of the possible damages that could be caused to your car by anything other than a collision. This can include fire, flood, vandalism and more. *If you are financing or leasing your car, your lender requires you to purchase Comprehensive coverage.
- Medical Payments: This coverage will pay for your medical expenses if you are injured in an accident.
- Rental Reimbursement: This coverage pays for your rental car expenses when your car is being repaired from an accident, up to policy limits.
- Towing and Labor: This will cover costs incurred if your car needs towing, up to policy limits.
*Although Collision coverage and Comprehensive coverage are not required by law, they may be required in your car loan or lease contract with the lender.
Your Auto Insurance should be tailored to your specific situation, and you should feel confident in the policy you’ve chosen. Should you need help choosing a policy that fits your lifestyle, consult a licensed Insurance Specialist at AIS.
Most Stolen Car Models in
If you own a car that is highly targeted for theft, you may find that your Car Insurance rate is increased. According to www.nicb.org, these are the top 10 cars that were stolen in Rhode Island in 2017:
- Honda Accord
- Toyota Camry
- Honda Civic
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Nissan Altima
- Toyota Corolla
- Nissan Maxima
- Honda CR-V
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
- Dodge Caravan
Licensed Drivers in Rhode Island
Rhode Island Residents
Rhode Island Auto Insurance Discounts
Comparing rates is a great way to save money on Auto Insurance premiums, but knowing what discounts are available to you can help you save even more. Speak with an AIS agent about which Car Insurance discounts you could qualify for to make your policy even more affordable.
These are the Rhode Island Auto Insurance discounts that you may qualify for:
- Multiple Policies
- Multiple Vehicles
- Policy Renewal
- Accident Free
- Safety Device
- Anti-Theft Device
- Low Annual Mileage
- Driver Training Courses
- Good Grades
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
There are many beautiful places to explore all over the state of Rhode Island by way of driving. Keeping you and your family protected financially and legally on the road with the required Auto Insurance will keep your driving adventures much more enjoyable. If you don’t want to spend hours searching for low rates and the best coverage from hundreds of carriers, Auto Insurance Specialists are here to help. We search and find the best rates and coverage from our high-quality insurance partners. The helpful professionals at AIS are excellent assets to Rhode Island drivers. For information and a quick free quote on a Rhode Island Auto Insurance policy, call us at AIS today!