AIS Update on COVID-19: To all auto insurance customers, insurance companies may be issuing premium reductions and relief. We've provided a list of insurance companies and additional information. Learn more.
The Beehive State
Compare Utah Auto Insurance Quotes From Multiple Companies
Utah Auto Insurance
It’s not surprising the residents of Utah love where they live. They get to enjoy breathtaking views, a vibrant economy and the can-do attitude that permeates the state. Since Utah is a fairly big state, a car is needed to reach many of the places Utahans want to explore. And given some of the perilous mountain roads and heavily-trafficked highways that stretch across the state, it’s always wise to navigate Utah with the proper Auto Insurance protection.
Auto Insurance rates in Utah can vary more than you might think from one insurance company to another. That’s where Auto Insurance Specialists can help!
Try our simple form for an AIS Instant Quote®. This quote will be a range of our Auto Insurance partners' rates for the coverage you select, and then you can pick the price you like, too.
Required Auto Insurance in Utah
In an effort to reduce the costs that often result from auto accidents, the state of Utah made it a requirement for all drivers to carry Auto Insurance. As in many other states, Utah drivers need to purchase Liability Insurance to protect other motorists who may get hurt or have their property damaged in an accident. Also, in Utah, another type of required coverage is Personal Injury Protection, which reimburses the policyholder and his or her passengers for injuries sustained in an accident, no matter who is determined to be responsible.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Utah
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person, $65,000 per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $15,000 per accident
State Minimum Personal Injury Protection (PIP) in Utah
- BI or Bodily Injury: $3,000 per person, per accident
To learn more about specific Auto Insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in Utah
Of course, Liability and PIP aren't the only types of Auto Insurance that are offered to drivers in Utah. You also have the opportunity to purchase one or more optional policies that provide additional financial protection. Having one of these policies could make the difference between fiscal solvency and financial calamity.
Below are some examples of optional coverages you may want to consider:
- Collision Coverage*: In the real world, it's not always clear which party is at fault in a collision. Unless it can be proven that another party is at fault, Liability Insurance won't cover the repair costs needed to restore your car to its original condition before the incident. Collision coverage is designed to cover all instances in which your vehicle is damaged in an accident that you are the cause of.
- Comprehensive Coverage*: You can be the most careful driver in the state and still see your car get damaged. A Utah snowstorm could fell a tree atop your vehicle. Or it could be damaged by flood, wildfire or hail. It's even possible that your car can be targeted by vandals or thieves. Comprehensive coverage takes care of all costs related to non-collision mishaps that may strike your vehicle.
- Higher Bodily Injury Limits: If you cause an accident in which another person (or people) is seriously injured, it's possible that a $65,000 Bodily Injury limit might not be sufficient to cover all of the resulting medical bills for the injury victim(s). If there is a difference, the people who are hurt have the right to come after you in court to pay them what they are owed. For this reason, it may be smart to raise your Bodily Injury limits on your Liability policy to $100,000, $250,000, or even higher.
- Higher Property Damage Limits: Utah mandates a minimum Property Damage limit of $15,000, but that probably won't be enough if you are liable for a crash in which two or more other vehicles are involved. The same holds true if you seriously damage a brand new or high-end luxury vehicle. Perhaps you should increase your Property Damage limits on your Liability policy so that you are fully protected in these situations.
*Although Collision coverage and Comprehensive coverage are not required by law, they may be required in your car loan or lease contract with the lender.
It's often tempting to ignore optional products in an effort to save money. But there's a good chance that paying a bit more each month on your total Auto Insurance premium might save you a lot of money in the future should you cause an accident. An experienced AIS agent can answer any questions you may have about these optional coverages.
Most Stolen Car Models in Utah
If you own a car that is highly targeted for theft, you may find that your Car Insurance rate is increased. According to www.nicb.org, these are the top 10 cars that were stolen in Utah in 2017:
- Honda Civic
- Honda Accord
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Toyota Camry
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- Toyota Corolla
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Honda CR-V
Licensed Drivers in Utah
Utah Auto Insurance Discounts
Utah is a lot like other states in that its residents love to save money. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of Auto Insurance discounts available for drivers of all ages, and these discounts can add up to significant savings.
Examples of Utah Auto Insurance discounts you may qualify for include:
- Safe Driver
- Good Student
- Accident Free
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
Utah can be a wonderful place, but it can also be difficult to get by if you don't have a working vehicle. If you don't obtain the right level of Auto Insurance coverage, your car could sit in a shop for a long time while you try and find the money to repair it. You also don't want to have to drain your bank account to pay for medical bills or property damage that your insurance doesn't cover. Auto Insurance Specialists is dedicated to helping their customers procure the Auto Insurance coverage they need at a price they can afford. And with AIS, there's a good chance you can save hundreds of dollars per year on premiums just for switching policies. Contact AIS today and let them take care of all of your Utah Car Insurance needs!