Most importantly, you should be aware that liability insurance does not pay for every possible cost incurred by a vehicle owner. Some expenses not covered by liability insurance include:
- Damage to your own vehicle as the result of an accident that you cause
- Damage to any possessions inside your vehicle as the result of an accident that you cause
- Medical bills for any injuries that you sustain as the result of an accident you cause
- Damage caused by vandalism, weather events, or fire
- Replacement of your vehicle if it is stolen
To help cover some potential costs above, consider adding coverages like collision, comprehensive, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and more for a more well-rounded policy.