AIS Update on COVID-19: To all auto insurance customers, insurance companies may be issuing premium reductions and relief. We've provided a list of insurance companies and additional information. Learn more.
THE SECRET TO LOWER AUTO INSURANCE RATES
Paying less, getting more
How To Lower Your Auto Insurance Rates
When you buy Auto Insurance, you want the best protection for the lowest cost. Taking short cuts like buying your insurance from a non-reputable company is not the best way to go about saving your hard earned money. Even if that insurer doesn’t go bankrupt and leave you stranded, they may not provide the protection you thought you bought.
Common Ways To Save Money
- Drive safely. An accident-free driving record will demonstrate that you are less of a risk to insure, and your auto insurance rates will likely be lower than if you had one or more accidents on your record.
- Avoid moving violations. Traffic tickets for speeding, failing to yield the right of way, driving recklessly, or driving under the influence are all indicators of unsafe driving. Make sure to avoid these violations to keep your insurance premiums low.
- Drive fewer miles. The more you drive, the greater the chances of being involved in an accident and the higher your premiums will be. If possible, move closer to work or reduce the number of miles you drive by using public transportation, carpooling, or riding your bicycle.
- Change your vehicle. Auto Insurance rates are higher for some vehicles than others. The more safety features a car has, the better. Do some research to see which vehicles cost less to insure.
- Combine drivers onto one policy. It is often less expensive to put two drivers onto one Auto Insurance policy than for each driver to have his or her own separate policy. Ask us if you can save money by combining drivers.
- Maintain good credit. In many states, insurers look at your credit score to help determine your Auto Insurance premium. Paying bills on time and keeping credit card balances low will not only help you maintain good credit, it can also help keep your Auto Insurance premiums low.
Auto Insurance Discounts
- Bundle your policies. Insurers generally offer discounts if you choose to purchase both Auto Insurance and Homeowners or Renters Insurance policies.
- Pay up front. Many insurance companies will give you a substantial discount if you pay six months’ worth of premiums at once at the start of the policy term.
- Increase your deductible. The deductible is the amount you pay after an accident before Auto Insurance coverage kicks in. If you raise your deductible, your insurer will lower your monthly premium.
- Look into group discounts. Members of auto clubs, trade groups, unions, or occupational organizations often receive a discount on their Auto Insurance.
- Secure your vehicle. Purchasing devices like an ignition interlock bar, a car alarm, or a vehicle locator system will earn you a discount on your monthly premium.
- Remain loyal. Many insurance carriers give you a loyalty discount for staying with them for a certain length of time.
- Be a good student. High school and college students with good grades earn a discount on their Auto Insurance rates.
Why Choose AIS?
Auto Insurance Specialists has been finding drivers reliable and affordable Auto Insurance policies for over 50 years. By shopping dozens of insurance companies, we can save you hundreds of dollars on your Auto Insurance while protecting you from the financial impact of an auto accident or other sudden loss.
If you want to see if there's a less expensive and better Auto Insurance policy out there for you, get your free comparison quote now. Simply start by entering your zip code above. Alternatively, you can call an Insurance Specialist today at (888) 772-4247.