Alaska Auto Insurance
A trip to Alaska is one of the top places to visit for many adventurers, so if you get to live in this majestic state, consider yourself lucky. With approximately 34,000 miles of shoreline, there’s plenty of opportunities to go on driving adventures as most roads are now paved and more inviting of travelers.
During winter months, however, you’ll often find yourself on long stretches of road without civilization for at least 100 miles and unpaved roads in some areas. In the summer months, it’s normal to see construction work going on to maintain the road quality. In all seasons, there are dangers on the road in Alaska so you’ll want the best protection for you and your family. This is when Auto Insurance from AIS can help!
Try our simple form for an instant Auto Insurance Quote. The results will give you choices of our auto insurance partners and a range of prices to fit your budget.
Required Auto Insurance in Alaska
Auto Insurance coverage that Alaskans are required to have is liability insurance. Having this insurance coverage in place will ensure that damage caused to a third person’s property or another person’s bodily injuries will be financially covered up to the amount stated on your policy. Not having the required insurance in place can result in a suspension of your driver’s license.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in Alaska
To help you cover the costs of any accidents that you have caused, the state requires you to have these minimum amounts of liability coverage.
- BI or Bodily Injury: $50,000 per person, $100,000 total per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
Optional Coverage in Alaska to Consider
Although you can legally drive with the minimum coverage listed above, you may not have enough financial protection when you get into an accident.
The following are optional and can be added onto your auto policy for increased coverage. Each type of coverage protects you in a different scenario. Consider these coverages when you purchase or review your insurance policy.
- Collision - In an accident that was the insured driver’s fault, this coverage pays for the related costs to get it fixed. The average bill to fix from an auto body shop is around $3,000; you won’t want to pay this out of your own pocket.
- Comprehensive - This will cover you for damages to your car that were not a result of an accident. This can include falling trees, fires, and/or animal collisions
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists - Not all motorists will abide by the law and have the minimum Alaska Auto Insurance to legally drive. In the case that you get into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, this coverage will pay for associated costs if the accident wasn’t your fault.
- Medical Payments - This will pay for your own medical costs that result after an accident.
Most Stolen Car Models in Alaska
Premiums for cars that are more likely to be stolen will often come at a higher rate. This is because the risk is higher that there will be a claim for theft. In 2013, the following car models were stolen the most in Alaska, according to www.nicb.org:
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full size)
- Ford Pickup
- Dodge Pickup
- Honda Accord
- Ford Explorer
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Honda Civic
- Ford Taurus
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
- Ford Pickup (Small Size)
Alaska Auto Insurance Discounts
There are a few things to discuss with your Auto Insurance Specialist that can give you savings on your premium. If you are qualified by any of the below, there’s a chance that you can get a discount on your insurance.
- Good Driver
- Good Student
- Anti-theft Device
Learn more about discounts you can apply to your Auto Insurance premium on our Discounts page.
Alaska is a beautiful land that encourages extensive driving excursions. Save time and money by speaking with an AIS Auto Insurance Specialist. We’ll help you understand what coverages you need, while staying within your budget. Alaskan drivers are required to have auto insurance when driving on the road, let us make this easier on you and your wallet. Get a free quote on an Alaska Auto Insurance policy, call AIS today!
Get an Alaska Insurance Quote today, call: (888) 772-4247